Dental Implants in San Pedro
Dental implants are easily the most preferred method of replacing missing teeth. Dental implants look, feel and function just like your own natural teeth, but with one very important difference: They don’t decay and never need root canal therapy. They are also far more comfortable than removable dentures.
Dental implants consist of three main segments: titanium “root,” abutment or connector and porcelain crown restoration on top. The titanium implant is inserted into the jawbone to form a stable base for the replacement tooth. The human jawbone is stimulated to create new bone tissue, which osseointegrates or seals the implant in place. Dental implants can:
- Replace one or more missing teeth
- Restore your complete confidence in your smile
- Help you bite & chew comfortably again, improve digestion
- Stop jawbone loss, maintain facial proportions
- Eliminate joint pain, bite problems caused by other teeth shifting
- Secure a bridge or dentures in place, increasing comfort
Find out firsthand why more people prefer dental implants. Call Andrew Sheng Dental at (310) 547-4413 or use our convenient Request an Appointment form. Our implant patients come to us from Los Angeles, San Pedro, Carson, Long Beach, Rancho Palos Verdes and close-by communities.